Okay, so here’s the update on our apartment.
- We are still waiting for our truck with furniture and boxes. They called and said they would be here on Saturday. I’ll be so happy to have something else to sit on besides the air mattress and floor. Here’s what my “office” currently looks like:
Yep, that’s an Amazon.com box as my desk!
- Shipments: We have been waiting on some shipments from Amazon.com and also a box from work.
- The TV came first and I was able to set that up during lunch. I hooked it up the cable and hopefully I didn’t accidentally order some movies. This is the first time that we’ve had cable since moving out of our parents’ houses!
- Another box was my telephone that I ordered from Amazon.com so that I can plug my headset from work in it. The box from work came and I hooked it up, but wasn’t sure if the battery was charged enough to test out if I hooked it up right.
- The last box unfortunately did not arrive, or maybe I should say I don’t have it- but someone signed for it at 5:13 but the leasing office was closed- so I have no idea where the oil-filled radiator heater is. We thought we might need one and after 1 night, we realized that we would. It’s drafty and the heaters here are the inefficient non-thermostat units. So, I’m a little bummed that we didn’t get it today. I guess we’ll have to wait until Monday morning to see if the leasing office signed for it late in the day, but didn’t have a chance to deliver it.
- Shopping for furniture/supplies: We decided to wait until our stuff came, to measure how much space we have before buying desks, chairs, and rugs. I really hope we can go to Ikea on Sunday. We’ll have to rent a U-haul and drive it ourselves- but they are forecasting 3-5 inches of more snow on Saturday. We’ll have to see, but at least we’ll have a couch, bed, and table with 2 chairs tomorrow!!