We checked out a book about Boston from the library, but when we got home we realized it was for students, but oh well!
The Book: The Unofficial Guide to Life in Boston 09-10 For Students
Some facts, Boston is/has:
- Known as America’s Walking City. We agree, as long as the weather is nice, it’s easy to walk around and see lots of things and not realize that you’ve just walked 2 miles (like we did on Saturday going to the library and Harvard Square.
- 381 years old. We’ve only read 8 pages in the book, but we’re already seen 4 mentions of “the nation’s first … ” being in Boston.
- a metro population just shy of 4.5 million. This is the 10th largest in the US. According to Wikipedia, this was the 2000 census.
- a large student (college) population: 300,000
- Dunkin’ Donuts everywhere. We don’t have them back in Kentucky, so it was a shock to see them all over the place, but according to their website , there are 36 in a 1 mile radius of downtown Boston.
Does any of this surprise you yet?