What’s a 31 by 31 list?
It’s a list of 31 things that I want to do before my 31st birthday…. which is in 10 months, so I still have plenty of time. But it took me over a month to come up with the list, and another month to finally post it! I made a 30 by 30 list last year (although I didn’t post here it). However, 30 was much more of a milestone and I had a lot of things going on in my life, having the list really helped me to accomplish a lot of things that I probably wouldn’t have done if I hadn’t had made the list. I’ll try to go back and make a recap post with some pictures.
Here we go…… and I’ve already done some of them:
- Visit a new state: DONE.
I went to New Jersey in August. But I’ll always work on going to new places!
- Try 4 new foods- beets, grapefruit, etc. I am HALF DONE.
- Camp/Sleep Outdoor
- Have/make fondu- cheese or chocolate
- Bake with apples/pumpkin: DONE.
I’ve baked 2 apple crisps and 4 loaves of apple bread in the last 48 hours! But I’m open to baking with pumpkin!!
- Go hiking/biking at least 10 miles outside of the city
- Have a picnic
- Visit Wahl Burgers– A hamburger place owned by the
- Join a CSA- DONE.
I’ve done this and need to write about it. It’s tied to # 2 and #19.
- Visit the Bunker Hill Monument
- Go to Flour Bakery and make something from the cook book
- Volunteer twice- HALF DONE.
I volunteered last Friday at the Brewfest and I have another opportunity soon.
- Continue exercising 3 days a week- Ugh, currently hard to do with my ankle injury but I’m trying.
- Go apple picking/farm/orchard- DONE.
Honey Pot Hill this past weekend.
- Go to a hockey game
- Visit Newport, RI
- Boston Art Project- DONE.
I took some pictures of the city, ordered prints, and hung 3 8X10’s in my room.
- Read 1 book a month-
I’ve done well with this since I have a 50 minute commute each way to work. Mystic River, Something Borrowed. I have 3 others started.
- 1 new recipe a month- I’ve done well this too- with some help!
Here’s few pictures. A pasta dish that I can’t remember how to spell:
A potato soup:
- 1 new baking item a month. This past week was a great start to this, but I think I did okay for Aug and Sept. I’ll have to look back. I know I made Chocolate zuchinni cookies in August and a Red Velvet cake in September. Here’s one of my apple bread loaves
- Attend a new Festival/fair
- Do at least a 10k race
- New exercise/ physical activity- DONE.
I did Hot yoga!! And survived
- 4 sewing/craft projects. HALF DONE.
I started a fleece blanket and I made a wreath
- Watch the sunrise.
This is the 1 item left over from last year’s list. I was on a 6am flight once and technically watched the sunrise, but that wasn’t exactly what I was hoping!
- Visit new brewery
- Visit winery
- Create a Financial plan
- Go on a Vacation
- Bike 40 miles in a day
- New water activity- paddleboard, rafting, canoeing