It’s time for one of the posts where you recap the year and talk about the new year!
This year has been quite a change for me, in almost every single way possible. I have embraced it and decided not to dwell on anything. This was the year that I turned 30 (gulp), made more friends, realized that I could move on from a marriage that didn’t work out, decided to give Boston a try on my own, got back into the dating scene, left my ‘first’ job at a huge Fortune 100 company where I had been for 6 years for a small marketing technology company, met someone who makes me happier than I thought I could be, got my first road bike, had 2 stress fractures (1 on each foot), did some local traveling to Montreal, Atlantic City (NJ), Cape Cod (twice), Portsmouth (NH) twice for work, and also some traveling to Kentucky and also most recently to Florida.
Here are the highlights of 2012 in order of how they happened:
1. Trip in February to Montreal with Jules. This was such a fun, spontaneous trip- 2 girls and a dog. It created so many memories and stories from almost not crossing into Canada, almost running out of gas, visiting an ice village, skiing at Mont Tremblant, lunch at a wine bar facing a festival, and not to mention the 7 hour drive each way where we either rocked out or talked!
2. At the end of March, I temporarily moved in with Jules and Lucy (and Pooka) in Southie. I loved having a dog and being able to run around the harbor.
6. Memorial Day Weekend Getaway at Club Getaway where I met new friends and got closer to others, ate soooo much food, danced my heart out, swam, biked, did archery and wall climbing, learned how to make pizza, ran an obstacle course, jumped into the mud, and got my first stress fracture…… boooo.
11. Thanksgiving Trip to New York- This started with a 5K run (Tony’s first race), Thanksgiving meal and lots of dessert, a hike, and a winery tour!
12. Spending the Holidays with loved ones!
Hope you have a wonderful 2013!!