I was talking at work about my 31 by 31 list the other day and realized that it had been a while since reviewing it. I looked back on the blog and October was the last update. Wow, time has flown! So with less than 5 months left…..
Here we go…… I marked the to-do’s in red.
- Visit a new state: DONE.
I went to New Jersey in August. But I’ll always work on going to new places!
- Try 4 new foods- beets, grapefruit, chicken liver, brussel sprout. DONE.
I tried the chicken liver and brussel sprout at the Backdeck for brunch.
- Camp/Sleep Outdoors
- Have/make fondue- cheese or chocolate. DONE. I got a fondue set for Christmas and have had both cheese and chocolate!
- Bake with apples/pumpkin: DONE.
I baked lots of apple crisps and apple bread in October. I made a few things with pumpkin, including chili.
- Go hiking/biking at least 10 miles outside of the city
- Have a picnic
- Visit Wahl Burgers– A hamburger place owned by the
Wahlberg brothers. DONE.
- Join a CSA- DONE.
I’ve done this and need to write about it. It’s tied to # 2 and #19.
- Visit the Bunker Hill Monument
- Go to Flour Bakery and make something from the cook book.
I got the cook book for Christmas, but I still haven’t picked anything yet. I just went to Flour on Saturday and it was so good!
- Volunteer twice– HALF DONE.
I volunteered at the Brewfest in October.
- Continue exercising 3 days a week– I had an ankle injury in Sept-mid November, so I had to rest during that time. And then Winter hit Boston…. But I am back at it now.
- Go apple picking/farm/orchard DONE.
Honey Pot Hill this past fall.
- Go to a hockey game
- Visit Newport, RI
- Boston Art Project- DONE.
I took some pictures of the city, ordered prints, and hung 3 8 X 10’s in my room.
- Read 1 book a month– On Target.
I’ve done well with this since I have a 50 minute commute each way to work. Mystic River, Something Borrowed, Love the One You’re With, Heart of the Matter, and Something Borrowed. I have a few others started and in the queue.
- 1 new recipe a month– I’ve done well this too – with some help!
Here’s few pictures. A pasta dish that I can’t remember how to spell:
A potato soup:
- 1 new baking item a month. This past week was a great start to this, but I think I did okay for Aug and Sept. I’ll have to look back. I know I made Chocolate zucchini cookies in August and a Red Velvet cake in September. Here’s one of my apple bread loaves
- Attend a new Festival/fair
- Do at least a 10k race
- New exercise/ physical activity – DONE.
I did Hot yoga!! And survived
- 4 sewing/craft projects. HALF DONE.
I started a fleece blanket and I made a wreath
- Watch the sunrise.
This is the 1 item left over from last year’s list. I was on a 6am flight once and technically watched the sunrise, but that wasn’t exactly what I was hoping!
- Visit new brewery- DONE
Budweiser in New Hampshire
- Visit winery- DONE
Thanksgiving Weekend in New York State
- Create a Financial plan- I did my taxes for the first time ever and I am doing some planning now.
- Go on a Vacation- Okay, a few things are in the works for the spring and summer- including traveling to GA for Danie’s wedding in August.
- Bike 40 miles in a day
- New water activity– paddleboard, rafting, canoeing
So I’m about halfway done with the list. A lot of the items are related to outside, so I’m hoping spring weather comes soon!!